ObjectivePermalink to “Objective”
My goal was clear: design and develop a website that would not only serve as the central information hub for the Climate Strike in Oregon but also inspire and facilitate collective action against the looming climate crisis.
Design ApproachPermalink to “Design Approach”
- Urgency and Mobilization: I wanted the design to reflect the urgency of the climate crisis. Using bold typography and impactful visuals, I aimed to convey the gravity and immediacy of the strike.
- User-Centric Navigation: Recognizing the diverse audience, from students to workers and concerned citizens, I prioritized clear navigation and easier access to essential information.
- Authentic Imagery: I incorporated compelling images and graphics that resonate with the climate crisis's magnitude and the collective action it demands.
Development Approach:Permalink to “Development Approach:”
- Performance-Driven: Understanding the importance of timely information dissemination, I ensured the website had swift load times and a seamless user experience.
- Accessibility: I designed the site to be universally accessible, catering to users with varied abilities, ensuring everyone could access and engage with the content.
- Responsive Design: Anticipating a significant mobile user base, I optimized the website for all screen sizes, ensuring a consistent experience.
Key FeaturesPermalink to “Key Features”
- Informative Sections: I integrated comprehensive details about the strike's objectives, the organizations involved, and ways to participate, ensuring visitors were well-informed.
- Engagement Opportunities: The site provides users with multiple avenues to get involved, from volunteering to spreading the word and joining affiliated organizations.
- Resource Hub: Recognizing the need for grassroots mobilization, I dedicated a section to provide resources, including flyers, posters, and social media assets.
ConclusionPermalink to “Conclusion”
The Climate Strike Oregon website, under my development, became a pivotal digital epicenter for the 2019 climate strike activities across Oregon. Through a combination of design foresight and strategic development, the platform not only informed but also galvanized action, echoing the urgency of the climate justice movement.
ReflectionPermalink to “Reflection”
Crafting the digital experience for Climate Strike Oregon was both a challenge and a profound learning experience. It reinforced my belief in the transformative power of web design and development in driving real-world change. The project was a testament to the role of digital platforms in amplifying critical causes, and it deepened my commitment to using my skills for social impact.